In this episode we talk about winter activities, and we talk about solving camping problems we seem to find common. From storing your RV or camping gear, to asking for winter show ideas. There’s a full range of topics in episode 13.
Solving Camping Problems
- Ideas for better and more comfortable sleep. It’s amazing what you can do with memory foam mattress covers.
- Storing your food at night so you don’t become a bear taco.
- Sleeping in your SUV and warming it up in the morning.
- Mountain House Foods freeze-dried meals.
- Glow in the dark tent rope.
- Camp cooking and meal ideas.
Keeping The Smell Out Of Your Stored RV or Camping Gear
- Store everything CLEAN.
- Partially fill an old sock with kitty litter and tie it off at the top. You can add a couple of these to your storage totes, or place them in cupboards of your RV.
- Place a dish pan full of ordinary BBQ charcoal in the center of your stored RV. It absorbs odors and moisture. If you’re in a humid area, you may need to change it now and then.
- If you have a stinky kitchen drain, drop an Alka-Seltzer down the drain and follow it up with a cup of vinegar. Obviously, you’ll want to do this before you winterize the RV.
French Press Coffee
We bought a Stanley Vacuum Steel French Press this week. This thing is great. 2 cups of great coffee, plus it stays hot and isn’t going to break. A full product review is soon to come. For now, we’ve landed on the perfect camp coffee.
We have a few ideas to help keep your family in the camping spirit this winter. Everything from Jiffy Pop popcorn to day trips are fair game for family fun. We hope you like a few of our ideas. We would live to hear yours.